November to April is the season for Dolphin and Whale watching excursions, as this is when the seas are calm. During this period, hundreds of Dolphins and in many instances thousands can be observed in large pods just 30 minutes from shore. Dolphin watching excursions usually begin at 7:30am. Sightings are so certain that we offer a free dolphin excursion (excluding park fees) the next day, if you are unlucky on your first outing.
Spinner dolphins are the most common sightings and the most spectacular as they engage in acrobatic leaps out of the water. Whilst airborne they rotate along their longitudinal axis – hence their name spinner dolphins. A permit issued by the Department of Wildlife Conservation is required for every individual going out on marine mammal watching excursions.
- Available November to April (subject to weather)
- Naturalist available on a first come first served basis – unless booked in advance.
- Daily dolphin watching excursions begin at 7:30 am
- Private group excursions can be arranged
- Up to 6 guests in one boat
- The wearing of life jackets is mandatory.